Tuesday 22 July 2014

Makeup Revolution Blush & Contour palette - Hot Spice




Makeup Revolution, Blush & Contour palette - Hot Spice (£6)

I love palettes, in particularly blush ones. I just find I am more likely to try out different shades rather than stick to the same colour had it come in its own little pot. And also they are perfect for travel. 
Makeup Revolution is definitely making a name for itself in the beauty world. This is definitely the brand that everyone has to try something from. I can assure you you will slowly start building a collection of all their goodies because they are so affordable. I have reviewed a few of their items before, here and was given the opportunity to review some more.

The Blush & Contour palette consists of 8 different shades; 2 matte, 4 shimmer and 2 marble. This palette in Hot Spice is more peach compared to the other palette they sell in Sugar and Spice which has a lot of pink in it. The colours in this palette are gorgeous, and apply so nicely to the skin. They vary in peach/orange shades. They are blendable and very pigmented, you only need the smallest amount. I like mixing up the colours too to create new shades. The lighter marble powder is perfect as a highlighter for the cheekbones and on the arch of the eyebrow, it has little gold shimmer running through it too. I don’t think I can pick a favourite because I have actually been using them all! I can see myself buying the pink version now too!

The only negative I’d have to say is one of the matte colours is quite chalky when you apply your brush on it so just a light dab would suffice as they are very pigmented anyway. Also I personally couldn’t use any of these colours as a contour but if you have really fair skin maybe you could.
Overall I am super impressed with this lovely palette. This would be great for traveling with as the lid has a huge mirror on it. For the price, £6, you can’t really go wrong!

Have you tried anything from Makeup Revolution? Thoughts on this palette?


10 comments:

  1. There's so much talk going on about these Makeup Revolution palettes, and I can see why! This is so pretty and so affordable! x

    Beauty Soup || UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous shades, what a bargain love the look of the shimmery shades ;)
    xxx Claire
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. This Makeup Revolution palette sounds amazing! I love that the colours are more on the peachy side and the marble shades look lovely :)
    emmasbeginning.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Makeup Revolution and this is definitely on my buy list! xxx Thou Shalt Not Covet

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been looking for a blusher and I can never find the right colour but this looks PERFECT and its cheaper than one blusher usually would be! What is the staying power like with this?

    Emma Louise xx

    theemmalouise.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really love the variation of colours in this palette, some real gorgeous colours. What a bargain!x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very intrigued about this brand. Might have to try some of their products. The ones I'm most keen on are the cream and liquid blushes.

    speakingbeautyuk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Makeup Revolution and had my eye on this palette for ages. I don't know if I would use all the colours which is why I haven't bought it yet, but I really love the marbled effect on the end ones.

    hellomissjordan.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the marbled colours. I tend to find myself massively drawn to the lighter marbled one. It would make a fabulous brow bone highlighter because of the touch of pink!

    kelsykins.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  10. Makeup Revolution is such a hit these days! Loving the it ❤

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment! Thank you for taking the time to read my blog ♡

Blog design by aleelilydesigns