Monday 1 June 2015

Update

So here we are again, update 2.0... It's not been long since my last update post on return from a blog break but somehow I've managed to stay away from my blog for around 6 weeks this time - the longest I've ever had a 'blogging break'.

If you follow me on Twitter you might have a small insight as to why I've been away, but with that being said I think it's obvious that I don't share much of my personal life on my blog or even Twitter. 

This will potentially be the most 'personal' I will ever get on my blog so here goes nothing...

For starters 2015 for me has been a bit of an odd one so far. I went into this year thinking it's a new year, a fresh start but in reality we all know that a new year means absolutely nothing. Your problems from the year previous stick with you - they don't just magically disappear and well, that is what's happened. New year, new me what?! Don't get me wrong I am in a much better place now than I was a few years ago but for any of you who suffer with anxiety (I hate saying that because of the trend it has become recently) you will know that you will be fine one minute and totally out of your depth the next. 

Further more the end of April and May have been particularly hard for me, and not because of anything in particular, surprisingly! I have just had a lot to think about in my personal life and also a lot of deadlines to meet with work. This is stressful enough for the average Joe but when you have anxiety it's like stress x100.... there were a good few tears shed, let me tell ya! When I tried to fit my blog into the mix I just couldn't. I feel like being under so much stress had an knock on effect on my blog whereby I started being really picky with my blog photos and how they were not good enough to upload. I just kept comparing my blog to other people's amazing blogs. I feel like because blogging is so competitive right now it sometimes is really hard to fit in and so easy to get discouraged.

I don't want this to turn into a negative post but let's just say that I have been feeling pretty down and sad these last few months; - this is silly in itself because I have so much to be grateful for. 

I started this blog in 2013 and it turned into my little happy place quite quickly, recently it has felt like a chore and that's due to a mixture of the changing dynamic of the blogosphere and just me not being in the right frame of mind. My blog design shop however has kept me busy since it was initially launched last year and nothing brings me more joy than working with bloggers in creating the perfect blog design for them. I want the same joy with my blog so with a fresh new blog design and lots of blog post ideas jotted down I will slowly but surely turn this blog back into that happy place! 

Reading this post back now has made me want to delete it as it's just my incoherent thoughts , but it's midnight and I have work in the morning so I am going to hit publish. See, I'm already making progress! I want to thank each one of you for sticking with and being so patient with me whilst I work out what it is I want from my blog and the direction I want it to go in. I honestly appreciate it so much.

4 comments:

  1. Girl! It's okay to feel like this! Blogging breaks often lead to good things! I love your blog and shop! You're brilliant and I know things will start going well for you babe! Loved the personal vibe to the post! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you so much for your sweet comment Emma! This put a big smile on my face xx

      Delete
  2. I feel like April & May are always quite stressful, but they're over now and we've both made it through! Sometimes a break is the best thing to do xx

    Charlotte / Colours & Carousels

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment! Thank you for taking the time to read my blog ♡

Blog design by aleelilydesigns