Saturday 15 November 2014

£1.49 Hair Dye - Derma V10

Yes, you read that right... a £1.49 hair dye. The inner bargain hunter within me gleamed with pride when I noticed this little beauty sitting on the shelves of B & M Bargains. All time low some may say, but I just HAD to try it.

I must admit though when I came home, I began to turn a little skeptical. Normally the Derma V10 hair dye wouldn’t have been my first choice of hair dye purely because of the price, and by that I mean because it was cheap I naturally assumed the results would be disastrous. When I tweeted about it a lot of you were interested and most of you also promptly told me you avoided them!

With that in mind I still couldn’t help but wonder how it would turn out. 

The contents were pretty much the same as any other supermarket box dye; a pair of gloves (nice ones, mind you. They actually fit and are not plastic XXL size like some), a developer bottle, the dye colour and a conditioner.

I have quite dark hair and so purchased 8.2 Light Brown. I wasn’t expecting it to go this colour but was more hoping for a medium warm brown shade, nothing ashy. 

Application wise it’s just like any other box dye, the consistency is a little more runny and I felt this helped with an equal application. I left it on for 30 minutes and then applied the conditioner for 15. I feel like the price is reflected on the conditioner - it’s not the best. 

Now the most important part, did it work? Yes, it did!! I was so surprised, the colour pay off is great, my hair has gone considerably lighter but not too light which was what I wanted. My hair feels good, it doesn’t feel dry or anything. I am so impressed! 

£1.49 for a hair dye is such a bargain, I also came across this site which explains why the price is so low, you will be surprised, and it’s not because they use cheaper ingredients. Once I get bored of this colour I am definitely going to try out their other shades - that’s how good I thought it was. 

I can safely say I still have hair and didn’t go bald. Score. I purchased mine from B & M Bargains, but I think they are also occasionally sold in Pound shops too.

What are your thoughts? Would you ever dare to use a cheap hair dye?

4 comments:

  1. Glad this worked out for you :) I don't trust box dyes with my hair as it's been bleached, dyed, grown out and everything in between so I'd have to get it professionally done to avoid that orange ends, white roots and brown streaks!

    India / Touchscreens & Beautyqueens

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Ah I see, dying hair is such a hassle!

      Delete
  2. As if this was only £1.49!! Amazing!
    I will definitely be considering this, as getting my hair dyed at the salon is suuuuuper expensive and a pay day treat every few months!
    Daniela xo | danielascribbles ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely so expensive, even the cost of a box dye builds up, especially when you need to root touch up every few weeks.

      This worked fab!

      Delete

I read each and every comment! Thank you for taking the time to read my blog ♡

Blog design by aleelilydesigns