Saturday 6 September 2014

Rio Sonicleanse


I have been eyeing up the Clarisonic for a while now after hearing so many good things but recently managed to find a cheaper alternative. After using it for over a month I can see why these face brushes always get great reviews, I have noticed a dramatic difference. I thought now would be the perfect time to review it.

The Rio Sonicleanse is a water resistant and rechargeable face exfoliator and smoother. The charge lasts absolutely ages. It comes with two face brushes. The brush helps remove excess dirt and oils and provides a much deeper clean than just using a cleanser on its own. It also removes dry patches which has been a real issue for me this Summer. The brush exfoliates your skin, and this works great if you suffer with blemishes too.

The brush is firm enough to remove dirt yet still gentle so they are safe on the skin. After searching online for the perfect cleanser to use I ended up just testing it out with a few different types I already own- lotion, foam, gel etc. They all worked fine, but I preferred to use a gel cleanser as it foamed up when used with the brush. To use it you just dampen the brush with warm water and then apply the cleanser to it. It also has a nifty little 20 second alarm which indicates when you should move to another area; I usually to both cheeks then the chin and finally the forehead. And this is set to a one minute timer. You can also choose wether you’d like a low level exfoliation or high which is perfect if your skin is a little more sensitive. I have sensitive skin but the high level works fine for me, I also find that your moisturiser sinks in a lot better once you have used the cleansing brush. Brush heads need to be replaced every few months.

I know sometimes it seems easier and quicker to just use a face wash on it’s own but after using this for over a month I really think face brushes are the way to go. It uses less product and provides a much deeper clean. This particular brush can be used daily so you can opt to use it in the morning or at night before bed. It is also great for taking makeup off with, just make sure you go over again after you have removed your makeup to actually cleanse your skin.

Overall I love this face brush and I’m impressed with the results. My face looked brighter after just a few days, and as well as thoroughly exfoliating my skin it also helped remove blackheads and reduced pores. Compared to some of the other face brushes available on the market this one is priced affordably, particularly when you look into it’s functions like the timer and exfoliation settings.

What are your thoughts on the Rio Sonicleanse? Do you own a face brush? 

8 comments:

  1. Tis is such a great review! I am so thank ful some one has found a cheaper alternative! I too have been eyeing it up, but that price tag is not my best friend. So for £40, you can't go wrong really! So would you recommend this for combination of oily/dry skin...yes, I have that awkward skin type!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a mixed skin type too and it has worked fine for me, so I would definitely give it a go. It is so affordable and you get two brush heads! x

      Delete
  2. I have this and haven't got on with it at all! I feel like it makes the cleanser disappear on my face so I might try it with a gel cleanser like you said! Glad its worked for you though!

    Jess | www.0ldtricks.com x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I’m so sorry to hear that! Definitely try it with a gel cleanser and let me know how you get on x

      Delete
  3. I also really wanted to try the Clarasonic, but ive been hearing alot of amazing things about these brush cleansers!
    xprincessjas | x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard about this for a while but have been quite skeptical about how well it would work. I'm glad that it was worked wonderfully for you though! I may give it a go (:

    Yuen @ The Craziest Paradigm - fashion, beauty + lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been debating getting one; I had a cheaper version & didn't notice a difference. I get nervous shelling out $$ for something that doesn't work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh I love that this is water resistant~ ^ ^

    www.thedailydollyblog.com

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment! Thank you for taking the time to read my blog ♡

Blog design by aleelilydesigns